BEGINNERS KNIT KIT - EASY- THE SVENSKE SHAWLETTE KIT
Our gorgeous, modern yet classic mini shawl. A fun and elegant knit with a basic lace pattern. A few new skills to learn but once you've got the hang of them it's a lovely easy knit.
This is an easy dainty shawl knit kit - elegant but fun too. It's the perfect progression project and ideal for someone who has a little bit of knitting experience or a confident first-timer.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Our clear and easy to understand Svenske Shawl knitting pattern.
- 3 x 50g ball of our double knit merino yarn* (you have the option to increase the size of the shawl by adding more balls)
- 1 x pair of 4mm circular knitting needles
- A tapestry needle (to weave in loose ends)
- Our super helpful "how-to-knit" 20 page help/ instruction booklet
- Our 100% cotton Knit Kit Company project bag.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- People who have a little bit of knitting experience, confident beginners, people who haven't knitted in a while and need a gentle re-introduction or people just looking for an easy knitting project.
- The pattern comes in one size and is perfect for kids and adults. This is a special pattern and you can just continue to add balls of yarn to make it the desired size. The standard kit comes with 3 balls which is enough to make a shawlette which will cover your shoulders or can be wrapped like a triangular scarf / cravat!
*Please note, actual colours may vary slightly according to dyelot and your screen
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This is an easy kit and perfect for learning some simple new skills like lace, yarn overs and using a stitch marker. You will learn the following skills:
- How to cast on and cast off (getting your yarn onto your needles)
- The basic stitch in knitting - knit
- How to add in new balls of yarn
- How to do yarn overs and use a stitch marker
- You’ll also learn how to finish and tidy up your project.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?
"Everything you need in the kit, that is delivered and presented beautifully."
"The finished shawl is super pretty and cozy! Delighted!"
"Think I might be obsessed with this shawl!! Feel so proud of myself, looks and feels amazing"