BEGINNERS KNIT KIT - THE INDIA BABY BLANKET
Great project for beginners who want to give themselves a little challenge with some new skills and six balls to knit up! The India Baby Blanket is perfect for an ambitious beginner knitter!
This is our most popular baby knit kit. It's the perfect introduction to knitting for a confident beginner and is ideal for someone who is a beginner but wants to bring a bit of a challenge to their knitting with something a bit bigger than usual and using circular needles.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Our clear and easy to understand India baby blanket knitting pattern.
- 6 x 50g ball of double knit Knit Kit Co "yarn" in 100% merino wool*
- 1x pair of circular 4mm knitting needles
- A tapestry needle (to sew up your hat and weave in loose ends)
- Our super helpful "how-to-knit" 20 page help/ instruction booklet
- Our 100% cotton Knit Kit Company project bag.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- People who are looking to embark on a little bit of a challenge with their beginner knitting adventure. They've maybe tried something smaller like a scarf or a basic hat and are looking to try a few more new skills. It's also ideal for people who haven't knitted in a while and need a gentle re-introduction or people just looking for an easy knitting project.
- Someone who would like to try out circular knitting needles (don't worry you get all the instructions you need and it's nice and simple).
- The pattern comes in one size and the end product is suitable for baby buggies and cots.
*Please note, actual colours may vary slightly according to dyelot and your screen
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This is a simple kit and is perfect for learning some new knitting techniques. You will learn the following skills:
- How to cast on (getting your yarn onto your needles)
- The basic stitch in knitting - knit stitch
- How to increase stitches on your needles
- How to decrease stitches on your needles
- How to change colours and carry colour up the side of your knitting
- You’ll also learn how to finish and tidy up your project.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?
"The kit is beautifully put together"
"As a first time knitter the booklets were super helpful "
"It takes a little while to get through, but it is worth it."
"brilliant knitting kit, colour and quality of wool is excellent, good detail pattern would definitely recommend"