BEGINNERS KNIT KIT - EASY - THE CAIRNGORM BEANIE & BOOTIE KIT
Our easiest beginner baby knit kit. The Cairngorm Baby Beanie and Booties. The perfect introduction to knitting for a baby.
This is our most simple baby beginner knit kit. It's the perfect introduction to knitting and ideal for someone who has never knitted before as the projects are small and simple. It's our easiest baby kit in the collection. The merino wool is perfect for babies. Soft against their skin and breathable.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Our clear and easy to understand Cairngorm Hat and Cairngorm Booties knitting patterns.
- 2 x 50g ball of double knit merino yarn in your choice of colours*
- 1x pair of 4mm knitting needles
- A tapestry needle (to sew up your hat and weave in loose ends)
- Our super helpful "how-to-knit" 20 page help/ instruction booklet
- Our 100% cotton Knit Kit Company project bag.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- People who have never knitted before, haven't knitted in a while and need a gentle re-introduction or people just looking for an easy knitting project.
- The pattern comes in two sizes and is suitable for newborns and 6-12 month olds.
- People looking for a quick baby knit project - the booties are probably the quickest knit we have and make a great gift!
*Please note, actual colours may vary slightly according to dyelot and your screen
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This is our most simple baby knit kit and is perfect for learning the basics of knitting. You will learn the following skills:
- How to cast on (getting your yarn onto your needles)
- The two basic stitches in knitting - knit and purl.
- How combine these two stitches to create a classic stitch pattern called stocking stitch.
- How to do a simple decrease by knitting two stitches together.
- How to seam your knitting
- How to make a pom pom
- You’ll also learn how to finish and tidy up your project.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?
"She found the instructions very helpful and the finished products were amazing and very professional"
"Loved completing this project, took me a while as I’m a beginner but it was fabulous!"
"This was my very first knitting project and I’m in love with knitting!"
"Love everything about these kits!"