Beginners Knit Kit - Norway Hat Knit Kit
Unit price per
BEGINNERS KNIT KIT - THE NORWAY HAT
Great project for beginners who want to give themselves a little challenge with some new skills and a two-ball ribbed hat. A small but great challenge for an ambitious beginner knitter!
This is one of our most popular hat knit kits. It's the perfect introduction to knitting for a confident beginner and is ideal for someone who is a beginner but wants to bring a bit of a challenge to their knitting with something that requires a bit of concentration (with all the ribs across the hat)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Our clear and easy to understand Norway hat knitting pattern.
- 2 x 50g ball of double knit Knit Kit Co "yarn" in 100% merino wool*
- 1x pair of 4mm knitting needles
- A tapestry needle (to sew up your hat and weave in loose ends)
- Our super helpful "how-to-knit" 20 page help/ instruction booklet
- Our 100% cotton Knit Kit Company project bag.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- People who are looking to embark on a little bit of a challenge with their beginner knitting adventure. They've maybe tried something simpler like a chunky knit with bigger needles and yarn and are looking to try a few more new skills. It's also ideal for people who haven't knitted in a while and need a gentle re-introduction or people just looking for an easy knitting project.
- Someone who would like to try out knitting ribs (knit stitches then purl stitches)
- The pattern comes in four sizes - from baby to large adult.
*Please note, actual colours may vary slightly according to dyelot and your screen
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This is a simple kit and is perfect for learning some new knitting techniques. You will learn the following skills:
- How to cast on (getting your yarn onto your needles)
- The two basic stitches in knitting - knit stitch and purl stitch
- How to decrease stitches on your needles
- How to seam your hat up
- You’ll also learn how to finish and tidy up your project.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?
"This wee kit really got me started again"
"The kit has everything you need and looks good too"
"He is delighted with his kit and is making steady progress with his hat"