BEGINNERS KNIT KIT - EASY - THE RAINBOW BABY BLANKET
A gorgeous, bright and playful easy knit kit for early stage or ambitious first time beginner knitters. The Rainbow Blanket - perfect for learning a few new skills.
This is our brightest baby knit kit so far! It's great for someone that wants to take on a bigger project and learn a few new knitting skills. A brand new knitter could definitely do this but it will take a bit of dedication and commitment as it's a 6 ball kit. Once you get the hang of it it's an easy knit and looks amazing when it's done.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Our clear and easy to understand Rainbow Blanket knitting pattern.
- 6 x 50g ball of rainbow colours double knit merino yarn*
- 1 x pair of 4mm circular knitting needles
- A tapestry needle (to weave in loose ends)
- Our super helpful "how-to-knit" 20 page help/ instruction booklet
- Our 100% cotton Knit Kit Company project bag.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- People who are looking for a colourful knit. It's perfect if you have never knitted before, haven't knitted in a while and need a gentle re-introduction or if you're just looking for an easy knitting project.
- The pattern comes in one size and is perfect for buggies and cots.
*Please note, actual colours may vary slightly according to dyelot and your screen
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This is similar to our other baby blankets and is a lovely simple kit which is perfect for learning the basics of knitting plus a few other little extras. You will learn the following skills:
- How to cast on (getting your yarn onto your needles)
- The basic stitch in knitting - the knit stitch. You will be knitting all your stitches which means you will be doing 'garter stitch'
- How to increase stitches
- How to decrease stitches
- How to change colours
- You’ll also learn how to finish and tidy up your project.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?
"The quality of wool was great, really good clear instructions with diagrams"
"It was super easy to do and so quick to knit up."
"Well, if I can, anybody can."
"Brand new to knitting and this kit was great!"