BEGINNERS KNIT KIT - EASY - THE LOUGHRIGG HAT KIT
Our gorgeous, detailed, beginners, hat knit kit. The Loughrigg Beanie Hat. The perfect progression to your knitting.
This is a great beginner knit kit for a confident beginner or someone looking to take their knitting skills up a notch. It's an easy kit which requires a bit of confidence. This kit makes 2 hats.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Our clear and easy to understand Loughrigg Spiral Hat knitting pattern.
- 2 x 50g ball of double knit merino yarn*
- 1 x pair of 4mm knitting needles
- A tapestry needle (to sew up your hat and weave in loose ends)
- Our super helpful "how-to-knit" 20 page help/ instruction booklet
- Our 100% cotton Knit Kit Company project bag.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- People who are looking to progress their knitting skills or haven't knitted in a while and need a gentle re-introduction or people just looking for an easy knitting project with a few little challenges thrown in.
- The pattern comes in one size and is suitable for older kids and upwards.
*Please note, actual colours may vary slightly according to dyelot and your screen
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This is a lovely kit and will introduce you to a bit of lace knitting. You will learn the following skills:
- How to cast on (getting your yarn onto your needles)
- The two basic stitches in knitting - knit and purl.
- How combine these two stitches to create a classic stitch pattern called stocking stitch.
- How to make lace holes in your knitting
- How to do a simple decrease by knitting two stitches together.
- How to seam up your hat
- You’ll also learn how to finish and tidy up your project.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?
"The quality of wool was great, really good clear instructions with diagrams"
"It was super easy to do and so quick to knit up."
"Well, if I can, anybody can."
"Brand new to knitting and this kit was great!"