Beginners Knit Kit - Urchin Spiral Hat
Unit price per
BEGINNERS KNIT KIT - THE URCHIN BEANIE HAT KIT
A gorgeous, beginners, knit kit. The Urchin Beanie Hat. The perfect introduction to knitting for a confident beginner.
This is one of our best-selling beginner knit kits. It's the perfect easy challenge for a new knitter and great for someone who has never knitted before but is probably better suited to someone who is confident or maybe done some basic knitting before. If you need something more simple for an absolute beginner then check here.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Our clear and easy to understand Urchin Hat knitting pattern.
- 1 x 100g ball of super chunky merino yarn*
- 1x pair of 10mm knitting needles
- A tapestry needle (to sew up your hat and weave in loose ends)
- Our super helpful "how-to-knit" 20 page help/ instruction booklet
- Our 100% cotton Knit Kit Company project bag.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- People who have maybe done some basic knitting before (they might already know how to do the knit and purl stitch) or an ambitious first-time knitter.
- The pattern comes in one size and is suitable for older kids and upwards.
*Please note, actual colours may vary slightly according to dyelot and your screen
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This kit is perfect for learning the basics of knitting. You will learn the following skills:
- How to cast on (getting your yarn onto your needles)
- The two basic stitches in knitting - knit and purl.
- How combine these two stitches to create a classic stitch pattern called stocking stitch and also how to create a spiral pattern using these two stitches.
- How to do a simple decrease by knitting two stitches together.
- How to seam your hat up.
- You’ll also learn how to finish and tidy up your project.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?
"I loved this pattern - it is definitely one I would knit again."
"It was super easy to do and so quick to knit up."